About Whileaway Guides
You’ve reached the home of ‘Whileaway’. Australian regional travel guides designed to make even the smallest of escapes big on experience. Choose your own adventure!
Whileaway Guides are a world apart from traditional guides. Here’s what you will love about the guides:
- They contain all the best bits for a destination – things to see, explore, eat, drink and places to stay. We have done the research for you so all you have to do is turn up
- They are ‘unbiased and impartial’ meaning no one has paid to be in the guides. They only make the cut if we have been there, seen it and loved it!
- 10 folded pocket-sized pages, written in itinerary style with a cute little map – easy to carry around
- A calendar of events so you can plan your trip around the action
- Fun, quirky facts that you didn’t know about the region (perfect for the historians or trivia nuts!)
- A place for you to write notes of things to remember, like the name of the vintage vino you just sampled (or the phone number of the spunky waiter that just served you)
- They pack a punch but won’t break the bank – you’ll have change from a tenner
- Collect them as a special memory of your experiences in a gorgeous Whileaway Journal – perfect for the coffee table and to make your friends jealous
These little beauties are focused on uncovering ‘not to be missed’ gems in regional areas, because we’ve got plenty to see and do here in our own backyard, you just need to know where to find these local treasures.
The best bit, we’ve done all the research for you! We know there is so much information out there, you could trawl the internet for days, but do you have time? And how do you know what really is the good stuff? All independently sourced, tried and tested so you know that we’re only including the good stuff – we promise no boring bits! Written to whet your appetite, the information is displayed in an itinerary style and grouped by location so it’s easy to navigate from one place to the next, making it simple to plan ahead. More like the diary of a well-travelled, eternally curious friend, these pocket sized guides pack a punch and are full of unique recommendations that will ensure your next getaway or weekend escape will be a memorable one. They are light on the wallet so you won’t want to leave home without one.
Designed to be loved and treasured, don’t forget to write down those memorable bits like the wine you loved or the tour guide you’d recommend to your friends. Then keep the guides as a little memento of your precious experiences in a neat, convenient and cute Whileaway Journal.
Whileaway Guides are inspired and dedicated to Kitty’s mum, Deborah Spry, who had a passion for the good old fashioned holiday brochure and planning her next getaway. Never without the excitement of the next adventure in mind, we hope that she and these treasured little guides inspire you to do the same (as Deb inspired us).
All you need to do now is choose your Whileaway destination and create your own adventure…and away you go!
A special thanks goes to our generous friends and Whileaway Guide crew: Tony Hollway for his quirky illustrations (check out his handy work on the maps), Barnaby Brittan for his creative editing and wordsmithing and Kerrie Nadine Finlay for her proofing prowess.
We would also like to acknowledge our recent explorers who have contributed to our latest guides and with eyes and ears on the ground – you guys haven’t missed a thing! Thanks to Pip, Barney and Amber. You Rock!
Safe travels and keep exploring,
Kitty and Jess (Principal Explorers)